Vacancy Reference: SEC-MK-KS-1909
Job Title: Standby & Relief Security Officer
Job Type: Standby & Relief; Ad hoc shifts, as required
Shift Pattern: Days / Nights / Weekends
Location: Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Benefits: AE Pension; Uniform; Training; 20 days' annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays pro rata'd
Are you a SIA licensed Security professional looking for flexibility and a role that can fit around your home-life commitments? Are you looking for a temporary role? Perhaps you've recently retired and are just looking to 'top up' your pension without the commitment for a full-time job? Or an ex-serviceman or servicewoman looking to remain active and make use of your transferable skills in the Security industry?
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We are presently experiencing an exciting period of change and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for to further your career whilst working for one of the UK's top Facilities Management Companies.
We are currently recruiting for exceptional Standby and Relief Security Officers to deliver excellent levels of customer service whilst remaining diligent to the constant threat of security breaches for a government site in Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes, in the event of staff holiday, absence and sickness.
The location of the client site dictates that candidates would benefit from having access to their own vehicle and will possess a confident personality, enabling them to integrate easily into the on-site Security team and subsequent processes whilst consistently upholding the same Servest values.
Often being the first point of contact you will provide safety and security for our client and their customers. Your excellent professionalism and attention to detail will reflect our clients and our own brand.
The successful candidates will provide a rigorous yet welcoming gatehouse security presence at the clients' site, in addition to supporting with operational issues. As a Standby & Relief Security Officer at the prestigious site, you will operate the access and egress function, building relationships with staff, delivery drivers and visitors and guests. Night shift working will see the Standby & Relief Security Officers securing the site and carry out night time patrols of the compound alongside passive CCTV monitoring.
As part of this role you will be required to undertake escorting duties wherein you will be required to support with chaperoning and guiding guests and visitors on site.
Primary duties will include:
- Providing an efficient and effective Security Service for our client, ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained
- Access and egress duties
- Undertaking regular site patrols, regular check calls, maintaining logs and passive CCTV monitoring
- Effective monitoring of visitors and employees on site and assisting to maintain high levels of site security
- Understanding of and adherence to Health and Safety regulations with responsibility for the Health & Safety welfare of colleagues alongside their own
- Logging details of incoming visitors; maintaining a log of incoming customers' electronic devices
- Flexibility to work shifts between the hours of 08:00-20:00 / 20:00-08:00, Monday to Sunday
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A full SIA License is essential
- Our preference is for candidates with experience of undertaking a Security Officer role in a similarly high-profile site
- 1st Aid Certificate is highly desirable. Candidates who do not have accredited First Aid training may be required to complete a First Aid course which will be provided
- Flexibility to works across shifts patterns which would include days, night shifts and weekend working
- Exceptional levels of integrity and professionalism
- Basic IT and Microsoft Office skills essential (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Applicants must be a UK passport holder so as to obtain UK Government clearances
Our on-site security team deliver outstanding security services to our client, 24 hours per day, across 7 days per week. The nature of the standby and relief role dictates that candidates will be readily available to provide operational cover at short notice in the event of sickness, absence and annual leave.
Working either day shifts (08:00-20:00) or night shifts (20:00-08:00), you will be guaranteed 42 hours per month. There may also be some Bank Holiday working required. In addition, there may be some ad hoc requirements for additional guarding duties, likely to be Monday to Friday but which may involve some weekend working.
Applicants must be a UK passport holder so as to obtain UK Government clearances. The requirement for this is based on job role responsibilities.We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV t
- Manned Guarding