Stakeholder Events Manager
Category: Sales, Marketing and Publishing
Job Title: Stakeholder Events Manager
Contract: Fixed term (to end July 2019), Part time (26 hours per week)
Salary: £32,100 to £43,300 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
What it’s about
As Stakeholder Events Manager, you’ll lead a dynamic, friendly and hard-working team of events professionals at Cambridge Assessment English. Working with the Partnerships Strategy Manager, you will collaborate with colleagues across the globe to plan, implement and evaluate our events activity.
You’ll work with the team on delivering high-profile strategic events which help position us with key stakeholders as a leading authority in English language learning. You’ll also guide the team in managing internal events to support business transformation and growth.
This is an exciting time to lead the team as Stakeholder Events Manager and develop your career while the present role-holder takes up an internal secondment opportunity.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing our external events programme (face to face and online), meeting the needs of key stakeholders and ensuring alignment with strategic business priorities
- Recommending spend, advising on appropriate channels and evaluating events to ensure objectives are met and learnings inform future planning
- Managing coordination of activity where events are delivered in collaboration with partners such as University of Michigan, British Council and IDP: IELTS Australia
- Managing delivery of an internal events programme to support leadership, business change and staff engagement initiatives
- Advising regional teams on best practice in events management to ensure their events are delivered efficiently and effectively and support regional development plans
- Managing a team of six
What we’re looking for
- Degree, marketing or management qualification, or equivalent experience
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to present and communicate to senior stakeholders
- Ability to present information in clear, concise language for marketing materials
- Personal initiative and results orientation
- Ability to work independently and solve problems creatively
- Ability to multitask and prioritise competing projects
- Wide ranging knowledge of communications techniques
- A proven record of delivering different types of high profile events and promotional campaigns
- Experience of recruiting, inducting, managing and developing staff
- Extensive budget management and cost control experience (desirable)
- Good knowledge of Cambridge English products and markets (desirable)
- Must have a style that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organisation, and with stakeholders
- Consistent application of emotional intelligence
- Patience and persistence
- Self-control in pressured situations
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
To apply please upload your covering letter and CV.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 03/07/2018and interviews will be held on 19 July 2018.
In this spirit of transparency, if you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"