- Are you a mental health nurse looking to start a career at one of the UK’s most respected mental health trusts?
- Would you like to be part of a dedicated team committed to helping adults with a diverse range of mental health needs who need the highest quality mental health care?
- Have you ever wanted to experience what it’s like to live and work in a thriving city nestled in the heart of some of the UK’s most beautiful countryside?
We are looking for Staff Nurses to join our team based at The Cedars, in Exeter.
We are searching for committed and enthusiastic nurses to join the Urgent and Inpatient Team at the Devon Place of Safety (The Cedars, Exeter). The role involves providing an assessment and treatment for people with complex mental health difficulties that are detained under a 136 or 135 (1) MHA 1983.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is growing as we establish ourselves us as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country.
Working as part of Devon Partnership NHS Trust, you will make a difference to people’s lives from the moment you start.
£24,907 - £30,615 per annum pro rata(Band 5)About you
This is an exciting role which we hope you will help to define. You will be a good team player with excellent communication skills and a confident manner with patients. Whether an experienced nurse or newly qualified, you will be able to demonstrate effective working in a multi-disciplinary team setting, with an awareness of all relevant legislation. You will be dedicated to delivering high quality treatment, and be able to lead by example. Confident and capable, you will be required to make decisions and see these through with the support of your team.
You’ll be keen to learn and develop, demonstrating a commitment to further development. To help you grow as a profession we will offer you the chance to learn new skills through education and training.
The Cedars operates 24/7 and you will be required to work flexibly, including weekend and nights.The location
The Cedars, Dryden Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5SNAbout us
The Cedars unit has two short term assessment and treatment wards for adults aged 18-65 years experiencing acute symptoms of their mental health conditions. We are looking to recruit nurses from any background, looking for a permanent contract for either full or part time hours.
The Cedars is aiming for “outstanding” from the Care Quality Commission and as such looking for people with the same passion and drive to help achieve this.
At Devon Partnership NHS Trust we are growing, establishing ourselves as one of the leading providers of mental health services in the country. We want you to join us, and help us to achieve our aims. In return you will enjoy working in a challenging and rewarding role, where you will receive the training and development support you need to enjoy a fulfilling career.
Join us at Devon Partnership NHS Trust and you’ll be joining an award-winning organisation that is passionate about mental health and learning disability. One that cares about the people it supports – and one that also cares about its staff.
Our offer to you
We recognise our people want to learn and develop, becoming the best that they can be. We offer all our staff a range of training opportunities including a variety of in-house training programmes designed and delivered by experts, and opportunities to access external training where appropriate.
In addition to ongoing training and development opportunities, we are committed to providing an environment in which you can thrive.
Benefits of working at Devon Partnership NHS Trust include:
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years’ service withtheNHS so you can really enjoy what Devon has to offer
- Individual personal development plans and a commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme and reduced public transport rates
- Structured learning and development opportunities.
Exeter is a thriving city with fine dining restaurants, excellent schools and flourishing art scene. Alongside a dynamic city lifestyle, as the third largest county in England, it’s no wonder Devon can also offer people the space to contemplate, to relax and reinvigorate yourself.
The beauty and quality of our landscapes are unsurpassed with over 1/3 of the county designated as Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are over 450 miles of coastline along 2 stunning and distinctive coasts, the rugged wildernesses of 2 National Parks, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, England’s first natural World Heritage Site – the Jurassic Coast, 5,000km of public rights of way and over 250km of off-road cycle paths. Our natural outdoor playground offers you the chance for a fantastic work-life balance.
Great place to work. Great place to live
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'