Staff Nurse ( RGN or RMN or RNLD )
Location: Oakwood, Leeds
Service: General and Mental health care in elderly
Salary: £13 - £16 per hour (£28,600 - £35,200 per annum) -dependent on skills and capabilities
Hours: Full time or Part time
Shifts: Days or Nights
Contract type: Permanent
Further details -
If you are a registered nurse either newly qualified or experience that has a real passion for care of the elderly this may be the right role for you.
Your duties will include delivering hands on nursing, safe administration of drugs, maintaining accurate records, complying with policies, procedures and guidelines of the company and governing bodies. Nurses at this home offer convalescence, palliative, respite and Parkinson's as well as a friendly caring environment for all residents. The home has fantastic management and staff morale is very high.
The manager in the service can be very accommodating with regards to shift patterns offering days or nights as well as long or shorter shifts. Shifts usually run 8-8 or short shifts running from 8am - 2pm or 2pm - 8pm.
- Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents
- You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents,
- Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
- It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
Please find a list of just some of the amazing benefits on offer in return for your hard work.
- Comprehensive training scheme - all statutory training plus specific training as per the needs of your role e.g. Medication Management, Tissue Viability, Wound Care, Dementia Care
- Development programmes and studying to help you progress your career and skills
- Opportunities for progression within the company
- Reimbursement for the cost of your NMC Pin renewal fee
- Recognised qualifications awarded
- Thorough review and feedback programme
- Offers, discounts and savings for various shops and online retailers
- Cashback on your online purchases
- Vouchers for spas, gyms, cinema, bowling, golf, restaurants, holidays and many more
- Free eye test and savings on optical care
- Employee assistance programme - access to counselling and legal services 24/7
- Indemnity insurance for all nurses
- Childcare vouchers
- Relocation package available for those relocating within the UK - decided on individual basis
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Free parking
For more information regarding this vacancy or to apply, please contact Danielle Barrett on or send a copy of your CV to