Do you want to work in a highly motivated and supportive team where you can deliver the incredible care you aspire to give? Where you are supported and encouraged to further your education and professional development and develop your clinical skills? Where you feel valued and respected? If you are enthusiastic & passionate about palliative care, read on...
At Sue Ryder Hospice in Nettlebed, Oxon we work hard to ensure our staff enjoy coming to work. We have a day hospice and a 12 bedded in-patient unit and an an expanding community team delivering symptom control and end of life care to patients in South West and South East Oxfordshire.
We are looking for NMC registered staff to work in the community team. These posts would suit newly qualified staff through to those with experience in oncology, palliative care and life limiting diseases.
Experience and Skills:
• A commitment to end of life and palliative care
• Commitment to service user involvement
• An ability to implement and monitor clinical standards
• Demonstrable interest in the client group
• Proven ability to build and lead an effective team
• An ability to actively support and participate in change
• An ability to work in a complex and stressful environment demonstrating effective and appropriate coping strategies
• A prompt response to problems, including identifying and implementing solutions
• An ability to use own initiative in an unsupervised setting
• Effective verbal and written communication
Hours of work will be 9-5 covering a 5 day a week service. This will increase to a 7 day service in December. Part time and full time posts are available. Your own car and a driving license is essential.
• Competitive pay rates
• o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
• o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
• Continuation of NHS pension
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays pro rata
• Option to buy and sell holiday up to five days
• Private pension matched at either 3% or 5%
• Enhanced Maternity Benefits
• Refer a friend scheme
• Carers leave policy
• 24 hour employee assistance line for free advice on work, family and personal life
• PeoplePerks - discounts with hundreds of retailers and services that can amount to an average annual saving of GBP 350
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods at the online shop
• Childcare Vouchers
• Development opportunities for all
Closing date is 11th March. Interviews will be held on the 14th/15th March.
We’re here for dying people, their family and friends. Our specialist teams give the care and support needed to ease physical and emotional pain at what can be a very frightening time, whether at home or in our hospices.
We know that where you work is important to you. Who we employ is important to us, so if you are thinking about a move into palliative care, do come and talk to us. For more information or to arrange an informal visit contact Sylvia Thomas.