Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic individuals to join a dedicated team of Nursing and Medical Staff at Whiston Hospital.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for dynamic and motivated registered nurses to join our highly skilled, innovative and rapidly expanding Frailty service.
The post holder will be based at Bevan Court, a 30 bedded ward that will consist of medically optimised patients, or patients who otherwise attend the trust without the need for ongoing care on an acute medical or surgical ward. Patients here will be looked after by a multidisciplinary team or nurses, doctors, therapists, social workers, pharmacy and volunteers as part of the trust’s frailty service. The overall aim of the unit will be to provide care and support planning in preparation for hospital discharge.
The Frailty Service compromises of:
- A dedicated Ambulatory unit, which provides rapid Comprehensive Geriatric (CGA) for patients with frailty and frailty syndrome.
- A 16 bed in patient Frailty Assessment ward, that benefits from daily Consultant Geriatrician leadership along with a dedicated team of nursing, therapy and social care professionals.
- A Community Frailty Service for St Helens CCG that is reactive in order to prevent hospital admission and also provides ongoing management for frail patients in the community.
There will be opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills working closely with an experienced and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team.
The post holder must be flexible, as you will be expected to work flexible shifts days & nights.
There are both full and part time posts available.
An Enhanced DBS Certificate with both the Children’s and Adults’ Barred Lists is required for this post.
Interviews for this position will take place on Monday 5th October 2020.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018 and March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameJayne SharplesJob titleWard ManagerAdditional contact information
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'