Reports to: Nursery Manager
Hours of work: Full Time, 40 hours per week
- To assist the Nursery Manager in ensuring that the provision is of the highest quality, providing a safe, stimulating and caring child-centred environment catering for the children's educational and developmental needs.
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the nursery, including monitoring, evelaution and developing the provision.
- To effectively lead and manage all staff in conjunction with the Nursery Manager.
- Deputising for the Nursery Manager when required.
- The induction of new staff.
- Nursery staffing in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
- Monitoring and record keeping of each area within the nursery including planning, assessment and tracking of progress against the developmental milesetones, reporting any concerns to the Nursery Manager.
- Supporting staff in completing electronic learning journals in a timely manner.
- Supporting staff in meeting their appraisal targets.
- Ideally NVQ Level 4+ or equivalent and experience of leadership or NVQ3 with substantial experience.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy.
- 2 years post-qualification experience with proven succces and 1 year's relevant supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework and Statutory Guidance.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Proactive and innovative approach to challenges and ideas, plus strong problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with parents, staff and other.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job