Posted Date: Jul 15 2020
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and like to explore new ways of applying existing and new technologies to solve Business problems?Do you understand the importance of prioritising according to business value and can communicate with stakeholders? Do you have an interest in applying modern technology to GSK’s Clinical Trials, to enable GSK to derive greater insights, reduce risk, and optimise cost and timelines?
We’d like to hear from you if you think you might make a good fit!
This role contributes within and across product teams for technical solution design, implementation, and continuous improvement of R&D Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with the Director of Engineering, Product Owners, Facilitators, and Product Directors.
The Engineer is a “T-Shaped” role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineering competencies, e.g. Architecture, Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Data Science/Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to successfully collaborate with experts from other subject domains.
The Sr. Engineer will have some experience in applying AI/ML, data curation, virtualization, predictive modelling, workflow, and advanced visualization techniques to enable decision support across multiple products and assets to drive results in our clinical operations business.
About R&D Tech, Trial Operations and Site Engagement in Clinical Solutions
GSK R&D is led by science. Science is driving an ever-increasing variance and complexity of Clinical Research, and its related approaches to trial design, investigator and site engagement, and associated trial operations. This presents great opportunity for Tech enablement via investments in modern platform technologies and digital applications across GSKs Pharma and Vaccines organisations.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
The continuous delivery and innovation of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and DevOps principles.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensures use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Supports Product Owners and product teams to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers and related Solution groups, e.g. Established Products and Core Tech
- Ensures continuity of business execution, i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews
- Proactively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement, e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Provides leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Line Management of up to ten 3rd party resources
- Contributes to release planning and roadmaps working closely with Product Owners and Product Director
- Contributes and aligns solutions to the Target Architecture working closely with Enterprise Architecture team
Track record of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems
Demonstrated skill in delivering solutions that integrate commercial of-the-shelf products
Knowledge of industry standards and technology platforms aligned to GSK and R&D roadmaps
Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
Customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Proficient with and can demonstrate knowledge and value with relevant experience in at least 3 of the following competencies:
oSoftware development, architecture design (e.g. SOA), and technology platforms/frameworks
oAgile, DevOps & Automation (of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.)
oData science (e.g. AI/ML), data analytics, and data quality/integrity
oTesting strategies & frameworks
oLifecycle/service management, business continuity
Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'