SQL Server Specialist - Global Infrastructure Services & Consulting organisation - Liverpool
Your new company
Prestigious opportunity with a Global Infrastructure Services and Consulting organisation for a SME for our SQL Server technology portfolio.
Your new role
In our role of SQL server Specialist/Lead Engineer you will be responsible for:-
- Overseeing the DB services currently provided by 3rd parties
- Approving their line of operation and helping create and approve improvements to service
- Help create SQL roadmaps for version upgrades
- Advising & leading on how to remove large data sets for specific clients
- Adhoc SQL scripting for admin/to cover business requirements
- To work with the development and BI teams to ensure data consistency & continuity across all stacks
- Setting up SQL monitoring and alerting
- Ensuring regulatory rulesets are supported by our RDBMS solutions
- Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimisation of our technical infrastructure.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful SQL Server Specialist/Lead Engineer will possess a combination of some of the following skills:-
- Proven experience with SQL Server
- Knowledge of how systems interact with databases and be comfortable working with Technical Architects to plan how existing database schemas can be improved.
- Experience reviewing and performance tuning indexes, stored procedures etc.
- Experience designing, deploying and securing cloud based RDBMS services
- Experience and ability to design solutions to exploit MS Azure (PAAS, IAAS)
- Awareness of multiple regulatory environments
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as - Solarwinds, Microsoft Operations Management Suite, Spotlight on SQL
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with ongoing career development and training at the cutting edge of technology.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- SQL server DBA RDBMS monitoring design data governance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'