SQL Server DBA Consultant
- Headline: Consultant role within an expanding practice - lots of progression opportunities
- Location: Basingstoke / London
- Package: Up to £55,000
- Ideal Candidate: Hybrid or Production focussed DBA with some development DBA experience- ideal would be a 50:50 split otherwise bigger focus on Production exp.
NB: The role will ideally be based in Basingstoke with frequent visits to the London office and customer sites as required where you may be required to stay away from home.
I’m looking for an experienced Consultant SQL Server DBA to sit within this growing consultancy to deliver Production SQL Server DBA Support for managed services and pre-sales support. The person coming on board will help define, develop and deliver high impact solutions based on Microsoft’s data stack. They will be involved with database / development projects ranging from upgrades to performance tuning and full redesign with custom code.
A detailed list of roles / responsibilities will be shared in the job spec for the role…
Required Skills and Experience:
- Either Production focussed DBA experience with at least some Development DBA experience - ideal would be a someone with dual proficiency or a 60:40 split leaning towards Production.
- Substantial experience of SQL Server 2008 R2 upwards (including SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS)
- Understanding and application of database design techniques
- Large-scale data manipulation and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services, T-SQL code and other techniques
- Extensive development experience, amendment and debugging of T-SQL coding, database design, performance tuning, ETL using SSIS or similar.
- Familiarity with SQL Server development tools
- A working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages and associated database APIs, advantageous but not essential.
- Azure experience is highly desirable
If you feel you have suitable experience and would like to know more, please apply now. Alternatively, please feel free to call me on the number above.
Rebel Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer
- Managed Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'