A SQL Server Database Administrator is required to maintain, support whilst administrating Microsoft SQL database environments.
Key role and responsibilities for this role:
* Proactive monitoring and continuous improvement of systems to ensure availability and performance of databases and associated applications and interfaces.
* Modification and manipulation of live transactional data for company and customer use within databases.
* Provide database design and solution support to the development team.
* Implementation and release of database changes.
* Ensuring that the database servers continue to operate under PCI-DSS requirements where required.
* To join the Data Centre on-call rota providing support outside of normal business hours.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Minimum of 3 years' experience in a SQL centric role (SQL Server 2005 onwards)
* Using SQL Server Availability Groups or Log Shipping or Database Mirroring.
* Experience of working on live production systems.
* In depth SQL Server skills including;
* Performance tuning
* High availability
* Database configuration and management
* Applying database security practices
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Competent with Windows operating system and high-level server / storage infrastructure.
* Experience using SSAS / SSRS / SSIS.
* Writing PowerShell scripts.
* Administering a Data Warehouse.
* DR / Business Continuity.
Salary - up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
The role is full-time.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job