R13 recruitment are proud to be working in affiliation with a reputable financial services organisation in their recruit for a SQL/MI/BI Developer to join their IT department based in Ipswich. The purpose of your role will be to Design, develop and enhance the companies MI capabilities and support the Head of IT and Change to develop the companies MI Strategic Roadmap.
This is an excellent opportunity with huge scope and potential progression opportunities available for the successful candidate, with the potential to go onto build our own team in the future.
You will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in a similar role and be ready to take a step up and make your next career move.
Duties to include:
- Adapt day to day MI dashboards and develop new dashboard projects.
- Ensure that all design documentation and data dictionaries are up to date.
- Train and support users on efficient utilisation of OLAP Cubes.
- Ensure that reports are interpreted by users correctly.
- Consolidate and rationalise reports.
- Version control and release management of reports, integrations and Cubes.
- Maintain static data within the SQL Server databases.
- Design, develop & unit test migration of Microsoft Access reports to SSRS.
- Design, develop, unit test and enhance SQL Server SSAS OLAP Cubes.
- Design, develop, unit test and enhance peripheral system SSIS integrations.
- Ensure that risks or issues are escalated to the Head of IT and Change.
- Assist Head of IT and Change to develop the MI Strategic Roadmap by identifying opportunities for utilisation of new MI technologies.
- Liaise with service providers to ensure application tiers are being effectively managed for all users and that data extracts arrive on time and are accurate.
- Support in writing Business Cases and developing product schedules.
- Regularly update stakeholders on progress, ensure that any project risks and issues are thoroughly explained and understood.
- Identify and escalate all appropriate MI issues to 3rd parties.
- Attend and contribute to MI and Integration meetings as required.
You will have/be:
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working in an SQL Developer role.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Experience of MI dashboards and database administration.
- Highly analytical with ability to understand and interpret data, providing intuitive suggestions.
- Working knowledge of Release Management, Version Control and Data Modelling.
- Exposure in MI Development utilising SSIS, SSAS and SSRS is desirable but IS NOT essential.
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry and its regulations would be advantageous.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels.
- Able to translate complex information of delivery to various audiences within the business.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check for this position**
This is a full time permanent role working Monday to Friday. Offered salary of £27,500 - £32,000 DOE. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including; 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme, health insurance, life cover and funded professional development and training opportunities.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- SQL Developer
- MI Development
- MI Dashboard