SQL DBA required by market leading, award winning organisation based in Gloucester. The SQL DBA will be responsible for the ongoing development of SQL solutions and our clients database infrastructure.
The SQL DBA will work in tandem with the data engineering team to build and maintain new ETL solutions in both on-premise MS SQL and Databricks. You will also assist in maintaining their legacy SSIS, C#, ETL pipelines.
- Responding to service desk requests
- Investigating root cause analysis into faults
- Managing the release of changes and monitor key metrics to ensure high uptime of systems
- Work closely with Data Engineers to advise on operational needs and highlight opportunities for automation
- Maintain documentation for database systems and processes.
- Manage the technology stack with includes: on-premises SQL Server (2012, 2017), AWS and Databricks.
The Successful Candidate:
- You will need to be passionate about making technology work reliably to enable business efficiency and effectiveness.
- A love of maintaining servers and developing data solutions.
- You will have a solid background in SQL development and administration of Microsoft SQL servers.
- Experience within or a keen interest in all the benefits of the Cloud.
- Experience in PowerShell or Bash is essential.
Nice To Haves
- Exposure to Python and Spark
- Experience with SSIS and C#
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of £45,000-50,000 p/a and is accompanied with an element of home working, a company pension, 25 days holiday, PHC, dental and travel insurance to name but a few.
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'