Working for a leading Fintech (Financial Technology) organisation that has a global presence and based in South Manchester, the SQL DBA will support, administer and monitor the company’s entire database platform across all environments.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Microsoft SQL DBA, there is a very mixed workload requirement of both BAU as well as Project work so the ideal candidate must be experienced in balancing the 2 very different types of work.
- Reviewing and reacting to service related reports and notifications both for SQL and for Conferma specific systems (e.g. database backups, file monitoring, database maintenance/archiving,) to ensure issues are identified and resolved within agreed SLAs
- Taking ownership and resolving of database related incidents and requests
- Responding to database related escalations to the DBA team and working on producing solutions to reoccurring problems.
- Assisting other members of the Infrastructure team with the troubleshooting of database server performance and monitoring.
- Working on projects in conjunction with the development and test teams, including producing of new SQL objects, load/stress testing and the testing/rollout of new functionality.
Essential skills, experience and competencies
- Strong communication skills from all levels of the business, both technical and non-technical
- Flexible, highly organised and able to work to deadlines under pressure
- Good experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, including active directory and Windows Server clustering
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recover options for Microsoft SQL, in particular SQL Always On availability groups
- Experience of backups, restores and the automation of which using SSIS packages & SSRS Reports
This opportunity offers a fantastic working environment, a quarterly performance related bonus scheme & pension.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job