SQL DBA / Contract / 3 Months / Cambridge
SQL Database Administrator needed for a Cambridge based client to start immediately as the look to deliver multiple projects within a SQL DBA environment. As part of a wider programme of work, they are looking to migrate a multitude of services onto cloud based platforms, and requires a SQL DBA who can provide subject matter expertise and database architecture to their requirements.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in planning, design and development within a SQL database environment, and be capable of undertaking this work whilst maintaining the performance levels and security of the database. Alongside project requirements, the SQL DBA will be expected to complete optimisation and performance tuning duties of the database platform. They will also be required to liaise with both the business areas and external third parties to provide best practice guidance.
Key Skills Required:
• Microsoft SQL Server subject matter expertise, all legacy version up to and including 2016 / 2017
• A variety of experience with accompanying Microsoft technologies, including SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
• Experience utilising scripting tools, including T-SQL or PowerShell
• Demonstrable experience of Optimisation, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting and Diagnostics with a SQL Server environment
• Design, Support and Implementation experience as a SQL DBA
• Ideally will have exposure to cloud based technologies with SQL databases, ideally Azure
They are looking for someone to start ASAP so please send me your details and let me know a best time for us to have a conversation.