SQL DBA / SQL Application Support - Junior . My client based in West Bromwich, West Midlands are looking for an SQL DBA / SQL Application Support - Junior. You will be responsible for a defined range of routine tasks associated with the administration and support of the applications which have databases deployed. The role will assist the senior members of the team to oversee the day to day running of the application and database tasks, such as housekeeping, administration, maintenance and security.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 through to 2016 databases.
- Working knowledge of core operating systems (Microsoft Windows server 2012 onwards ).
- Understanding of databases related tools and techniques (SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server profiler, Activity Monitor, etc)
- Working knowledge of T-SQL.
- Working knowledge of security and administration of MS SQL Server.
- Understanding of current technology and future trends with the ability to apply this to current business requirements.
- Possess a positive and flexible attitude in assisting team members accepting responsibility of new systems and new software technology.
- Have a responsible and thorough approach to their work, with an eye for detail to ensure that accuracy is maintained.
Role is to:
- Support and administer core application and database systems in compliance with SLAs.
- Assist in the delivery of large, small and IT business as usual change.
- Assist with the management, planning and implementation of quarterly, half yearly and annual database administration processes
- Assist in providing 1st line support for application and databases associated with Business critical systems..
- Assist Projects with planning, building, testing, deployment and support requirements set out by the Project Manager.
- Ensure releases are implemented following proven release and deployment process.
Please send in your CV ASAP for a great opportunity and a full job spec!
- Sql Server
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job