SQL DBA - Manchester - £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Your new company
We are currently recruiting for a SQL DBA to join our Market Leading Financial Services client - This is a fast paced environment with real engagement from stakeholders wanting to deliver success and change across the business. A challenging work environment with real potential for career growth.
Your new role
To develop and proactively manage and maintain the SQL Server environment, ensuring its health, security, availability, performance and manageability at all times. Ensure data integrity across all servers and databases.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience as a DBA within a maintenance and administration environment
- Knowledge of database administration, design and development.
- Knowledge of testing and quality assurance processes.
- Investigation and troubleshooting - backup, restore, installs, upgrades, mirroring, performance tuning, storage, clustering
- Understanding of Windows Servers and security delegation
- Worked with SQL Server 2008 as a minimum, but currently using SQL Server 2012.
- Knowledge and experience of AGILE methodologies would be desirable
- Work closely with a team of Database Developers
- Is self-motivated and demonstrates an enthusiasm and energy in producing work to a high professional standard
- Thinks issues through in a logical manner and plans course of action to determine most efficient and timely completion of duties / resolution of incident
- Articulate and able to write reports that are user friendly and fit for purpose
- Determines own priorities and works with own discretion; able to determine when to seek guidance and support at a senior level and when to make others aware of incorrect data
What you'll get in return
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits including free onsite parking, holidays that increase every year, pension scheme and onsite gym / canteen.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.