SQL DBA Lead
- 10 years experience of administering and developing for SQL Server versions 2005 onward, including replication, mirroring, log shipping, high availability.
- Someone who really understands DBA licensing, maintenance, schedule.
- Experience with third-party hosted or managed systems
- Team leadership experience including managing resourcing projects to suit business needs.
- Experience with IDERA monitoring would be a bonus.
- Self-motivated with good time management.
- Must possess a calm demeanour and a logical, analytical character.
- Thorough knowledge of Data Protection Act, PCI regulations and other regulatory or industry best practices.
- Extensive experience in use of scripting tools such as Powershell and desire to use them to automate processes.
- Able to install, configure and patch SQL Server as required, following company and industry best practices for performance and hardening.
- Keenness to investigate new products and methodologies with a view to improving system performance and reliability.
- Ability to develop high quality solutions using T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS
- Familiarity with database objects in source control, including unit testing.
- Confident in presenting knowledge in person or as documentation to enable the candidate to mentor colleagues within and without the team in best practices and subjects of interest.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues around the world.
- Maintain and improve company standard documents and processes as requirements evolve