Our client based in central London designs, builds, and manages mission-critical environments for businesses and governments who have no room for error. Because they have a deep understanding of high-volume, transaction intensive, and secure computing, they can partner with clients to deliver operational efficiencies, reduced complexity, increased productivity, and peace of mind.
They are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to work as part of an onsite delivery team
of 15-20 staff for a central London based Public Sector client.
Role & Objectives:
Based on the client site, this role is part of an Application Management Support Team who will be
responsible for end to end maintenance of the application at client site. This role will have specific
responsibilities as follows:
1. Work under the direction of the Service Delivery Manager
2. DBA support for all components of the solution
3. Assist in the deployment of full releases and patch releases to the Pre-Production and Production Environments
4. Perform routine scheduled DBA maintenance tasks
5. Create and maintain application monitoring
6. Create and maintain local work instructions associated with the role you will be performing
7. Provide On-call DBA support outside of the normal working hours (8am - 6pm)
8. Liaise with the customer’s first line support team to ensure information sharing takes place.
9. Provide support to the clients technical and business teams
10. Conduct infrastructure requirement reviews and create design artefacts
11. Conduct Data Migrations from legacy systems.
12. Maintain a CM library of all changes being applied on the system
13. Performance tuning of the application and the migration routines
• Experience in SQL Server (2012) Integration Services or similar technologies, and be able to write, debug and troubleshoot scripts. Experience of supporting Pre-Production and Production Environments, possibly as a DBA
• Experience of working in secure IT environments, Windows O/S
• Experience of using IDOL, JBoss (JVM), Esri
• Experience of troubleshooting performance issues
• Experience of being part of an AMS Team that provides a level 2 support role
• Experience of creating and maintaining local work instructions and local practices
• ITIL Foundation level certification
• Experience of Windows 2008 Operating System, Networking, SQL Server 2012
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience in the IT industry
• Understanding and implementation of industry best practice
• Strives for Service Excellence.
• Has the ability to work under pressure
• Clear critical and analytical approach to troubleshooting of issues
• Excellent communication and planning skills
Due to the sensitive nature of the role candidates MUST already hold DV level security clearance.
Index Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion".