SQL Database Developer/Watford/c£30000/Immediate start/
We are currently looking to recruit a talented SQL Developer to join this exciting, friendly, organisation in the Watford area, close to BR transport links.
We are searching for an SQL Database Developer to support their legacy systems and actively learn new systems that they are developing. As their SQL Developer, you will take responsibility for producing high quality, system deliverables.
As their Database Developer, you will have the responsibility to provide database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture and support for carrying out the implementation of enterprise database development.
Incorporating commercial, off the shelf solutions with the organisation`s internally created software solutions and legacy IT systems. Focusing on database modelling, optimisation, modernisation and performance improvement.
Additionally, you will be responsible for reviewing, analysing and modifying programming in SQL. Encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programmes.
- Writing code for SQL database access, script-writing used for front-end applications, website and desktop applications
- Review query performance and optimising code
- Designing and coding database tables to store the application`s data
- Script-writing, extraction of data
- Managing supplier performance and obligations
- Problem solving and analytical skills
The business outsources its IT support to a managed services provider, but you will also take responsibility for simple 1st line support to their internal users (around 70) both deskside and remotely ensuring the issues are escalated and resolved.
Required experience and skills:
- 2-3 years competency in SQL
- Held a recent role dedicated to SQL (such as DBA, database developer, technical support)
- Working knowledge with relational database architecture
- Investigative and debugging experience using SQL
- Drive, motivated, team player
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job