SQL Database Administrator - SQL Server - Manchester - £45,000
SQL Database Administrator / SQL DBA with strong SQL experience with SQL design, development and administration is required by a leading financial services company based in Manchester
- Have at least 3 years' experience in SQL database administration, design and development
- Strong Maintenance and Administration experience, so responsible for all aspects of SQL database administration and maintenance
- Experience of performance tuning SQL Databases and TSQL code in an AGILE environment
- Have had some exposure to testing and quality assurance processes
- Ideally, have some cloud database management (Azure, for example, would be great)
- Provide day to day management of backups, restores, recovery models, clustering, database mirroring and replication
- Remediating SQL Server related issues such as CPU, memory, I/O, disk space etc.
- Maintaining the SQL database Disaster Recovery & BCP setup for all the system environments using the appropriate methodologies.
- Manage risks and issues, then escalate matters when appropriate
- Provide the analysis and design of the SQL database solutions
- Work on Data transformation and migration packages
This role is for one of the leading companies in Manchester. Employing over 700 people they have an already established IT team and this is due to continued growth. It will suit somebody who has a passion for SQL and has been in a similar role before. The working environment is one in which they want ideas and you get to understand the business quickly and work on some great projects from day 1.
My client is looking for pay a starting salary of between £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits (Free parking, Gym, onsite restaurant etc). To apply send your CV to
Keywords: SQL Database Administrator - SQL Server - Powershell - AGILE - Azure - Manchester - £45,000
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.