SQL Database Administrator
SQL Database Admin
KEY ACCOUNT ABILITIES:
- As a 3rd Line SQL Server DBA, you will be responsible for providing technical support for all in scope Microsoft SQL Server database environments in line with the organisation's established policies and procedures, including new installations and upgrades.
- You will support defining, implementing and managing our customers SQL Server database environments in line with architectural standards.
- You will assist developers and other DBAs, including within the customer organisations, with developments, implementations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance of the database environments.
- You will be part of a support team that provides 24x7 on call support on a rota basis, with a requirement to be available for additional work outside of normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Customer engagement will be key, and you will establish and maintain good relationships with the customer organisation, and the various service delivery teams within Computacenter.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, developing and deploying of SQL Server technologies on Windows, Linux and Virtual Platforms across development, test and production systems
- Providing solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Working with a variety of customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Willingness to Travel (Infrequent)
- Document writing / process creation
- UK based, SC cleared or eligible
- MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Extensive knowledge of the supporting toolsets
- Good T-SQL knowledge
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, including working experience of Log Shipping, Data Mirroring, SQL Always On and WSFC
- Understanding of MS SQL Reporting Services
- Understanding of MS SQL Integration Services
- Understanding of MS SQL Analysis Services
- Experience of working in a controlled ITIL environment with good understanding of control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of
o sizing, capacity planning and benchmarking
o backup and recovery
o performance tuning
o proactive monitoring and alerting
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Database architecture, design and implementation
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages (Python, PowerShell, CommandShell, .Net)
- Understanding of MS SQL Polybase Services
- Mentoring, coaching and training junior staff
- Multi platform OS support and administration, including Windows, Solaris, HPUX, AIX & Linux
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO 20000 & ISO 27000
- Understanding of patch and deployment methodologies
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare, XenServer and HyperV)
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Any knowledge of other RDBMS technologies, including Oracle, MySQL and Sybase would be advantageous
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'