SQL Database Adiministrator
Sopra Steria Recruitment is now looking for SQL Database Administrator / Analyst to join our large client in their Birmingham office.
SQL Database Administrator / Analyst
£33,222 - £43,041 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to work as SQL Database Administrator / Analyst you have full responsibility for all areas of the SQL Server environment including ongoing improvement of the existing databases, identifying processing bottlenecks and implementing performance tuning where appropriate
You will also be required to assist in the design and development of replacement databases utilizing industry standard technologies and methodologies.
The role will also require the migration of SQL databases, DTS and SSIS packages, reporting services and analysis services to later versions.
- Prime responsibility for the technical design of databases, DTS and SSIS packages, Replication, Reporting Services and supporting technical documentation.
- Prime responsibility for the formulation and implementation of policies internal to the department, relating to the support and maintenance of SQL database servers which are used to provide Trust-wide clinical services and financial services.
- Significantly responsible for the Installation build, patching and security of SQL Servers in various configurations including enterprise, clustered and standard configurations
- Prime responsibility for all configurations issues relating to SQL servers and database options including logging, collation, paging and indexing
- Responsible for setting and marinating database plans, backups and administration options.
- Operational responsibility, when SQL Server or database problems occur, at any time of day or night, for making rapid personal decisions regarding the most appropriate action to ensure continued (24×7) availability of core systems.
- In database development terms, responsible, without direct supervision, for the translation of functional user requirements into a technical implementation plan, sometimes requiring major new design work and substantial redesign of existing database and where appropriate modifying code in older release technologies.
- Providing software and hardware change and release management within the IT Services guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Working at a highly complex level of technology, using a mixture of SQL Server releases and operating systems, to undertake detailed analysis, design, programming and testing work on all SQL systems developed within IT Services.
- Responsible for detailed analyses (adhoc, weekly, monthly, etc.) of sometimes complex, sensitive clinical/non clinical information derived from IT systems, working at a wide variety of levels, such as Trust-wide, specialty specific, clinical audits/research or individual patient/user and Information audits.
- Responsible for the monitoring of various system logs, to ensure that the systems operate correctly and provide the performance levels expected.
- Providing significant technical contribution to the configuration, system management and preventative maintenance of the complex system of servers that make up the IT Services systems.
- Providing significant technical contribution, to the maintenance of expensive IT hardware used in all areas across the Trust.
- Significantly contribute to ensuring all SQL Server applications are fit for purpose in terms of routine operation throughout the Trust, and also for the system’s maintenance and supportability, wider deployment and commercial exploitation.
- To fully implement system upgrades for use across the Trust. To monitor, review and implement improvements as required following a full consultation process with users.
- Specify details of program internal design and implementation and supervising the work of less senior programmer/analysts; working closely with the other programmer/analysts (of all grades) within the team to motivate and influence outcomes.
- To liaise with and influence Head of Development Services, the Application Development Manager and other members of the Trust at all levels including Trust Executives (as appropriate to each area of development) relating to the design, development and implementation of new or enhanced systems functionality, providing detailed and highly complex technical advice.
- In situations where incipient operational problems are detected, responsible for planning and executing strategies necessary to allow preventative maintenance whilst maintaining an operational system.
- Responsible for the analysis and presentation of highly complex clinical/Information audit data, in order to aid interpretation and further analysis by those requesting the information.
- To regularly test system applications and hardware.
This a Fantastic opportunity to work with a great organisation. The career prospects are superb so please apply urgently to avoid disappointment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'