- SQL Data Analyst - Surrey/WFH mix - Initial 9-month contract - £negotiable
- Real chance of contract extending or going perm eventually, a major employer
- Experience with customer data would be very useful, as would good SQL & MS Excel skills
- Project relates to a company acquisition, preparing for the migration of numerous types of data
- Chance to move internally at the end of the project on an extended contract or permanent basis
The Company: This company enjoys a fantastic reputation within the Financial Services sector. They adjusted very quickly to the pandemic situation and have been recruiting throughout 2020 and into 2021. This area is a brand-new function designed to support a new platform operating model. The team provides technical expertise on the running and ongoing development of the Platform, which includes understanding the systems, implementing improved processes, controls and work-flows.
The Role: Due to the acquisition of a personal investing business, by the end of 2021 our client needs to complete the migration of Customer, Account, Portfolio and Regular Savings data. Significant data analysis and migration planning is required to ensure a smooth on-boarding process and an efficient ongoing management of the customer records. The purpose of the role will be to assist with the analysis of migration data, including production of cleansing lists to be run as part of the migration process. Key responsibilities include:
- Use the internal Data Quality scorecard to identify Data Quality issues
- Use ad-hoc data analysis techniques to review large data sets and produce summary information
- Review and Re-mediate Data Quality issues via Data Cleansing to improve scores
- Engage with the operational teams to understand processes and data requirements to ensure accurate re-mediation of data
- Report on the progress of Data Cleansing activities
- Understand and highlight the challenges to complete the required re-mediation
- Identify process/technology improvements to prevent the re-occurrence of Data Quality issues
Experience/Skills Required: For this SQL Data Analyst role, our client will consider two types of applicant. Either a recent graduate with strong SQL and MS Excel skills or someone who has experience with customer data experience, ideally with some SQL and MS Excel experience to call on. Communication skills are important as you will be liaising with a number of internal teams - in addition, good written communication skills are also important.
Additional Information: The salary for this SQL Data Analyst role is negotiable. There is an end of contract bonus of around 7.5% pro-rata’d + pension contribution from the company of up to 13%. If you have impressed over the course of this project, there may well be opportunities for you to move into other areas of the business on either an extended contract or permanent basis.
The SQL Data Analyst position is one of a number of vacancies we are handling. ARC is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment and the Consultant handling this role has over 25 years of experience in this field. Areas of expertise include IFA Administration, compliance, customer services, pensions admin/technical roles, mortgage administration, paraplanners, marketing, underwriters and IT related roles. Check the website and feel free to call Darren Snell at any time.
- Customer Data
- Financial Services
- Data Quality
- MS Excel
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'