Our client are recruiting for a senior consultant to join their dynamic team of application support professionals.
The team is involved in the support of our clients software suite across our customer base, as well as implementing their software within client organisations.
Implementations are usually carried out remotely, with onsite consultancy provided in certain situations. After sales consultancy and product configuration are also key areas in which you will be involved, including liaising with customers to gather requirements and implementing the software configuration settings to meet those requirements.
The role requires the following skillset, behaviours and experience:
• Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server and/or Oracle database platforms and RDBMS in general
• Experience in database optimisation
• Technical ability and experience working with SQL
• Technical knowledge of current Windows operating systems
• Technical knowledge of networking (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory)
• Technical knowledge of IIS web server
• Experience in virtualisation
• 2nd & 3rd Line Support experience - confident B2C experience
• Technical experience in an IT support capacity including knowledge of IT support Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Ability to problem-solve
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Teamwork, willingness to learn and to knowledge-share
The following are desirable criteria:
• Knowledge of, or experience with, Exchange Server
• ITIL awareness
• Some experience in project management
• Degree in computer science (or equivalent field of study)
This role is based in central London, and is a permanent role. To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK. There is a requirement to be able to travel internationally, but this would make up less than 5% of your time per annum.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Application Support