A Sprinkler Design Engineer is required for our client, a reputable Mechanical Services/ Building Services Contractor located in Gloucestershire who specialise in the design and installation of air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing/ heating (HVAC) systems for projects UK wide.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse role entailing initial site surveys to scope out customers' requirements for fire protection and fire prevention, once an initial survey is completed the Sprinkler Design Engineer will be required to create a design of the system which will then later be installed. Typically using AutoCad 2D - any experience of AutoCad 3D, BIM/ Revit will be advantageous.
Other aspects of the role will involve predesign meetings with clients to discuss options and requirements, typical customers will include retail, offices and the leisure sector - working on small to medium sized projects, liaising closely with the Project Engineers/ Contracts Engineers.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of types of sprinklers, piping sizing/ design, location of sprinklers, water supply systems, control valves, pump houses and water mist systems.
Sprinkler Design Engineer Requirments
- Previous background in fire suppression products and services.
- AutoCad 2D background in designing sprinkler systems.
- Must hold a basic sprinkler competency design exam as a minimum, any experience of intermediate and/or FHC exams in advantageous.
- Confident demeanour in speaking with clients face to face.
Sprinkler Design Engineer Duties
- Create basic sketches of piping layouts, pumpshouses and sprinkler systems and convert in to AutoCad.
- Initial site surveys and client meetings.
- Provide customers with a solution and provide accurate and clear advise.
Sprinkler Design Engineer Package
- Company Car
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Medical
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy