A school in Exeter that work with children with learning and behaviour difficulties are looking for sporty Teaching Assistants to work alongside their pupils. The role of a Teaching Assistant is challenging, but highly rewarding. You would be required to work 1:1 with a child and assist them through the day - this could be during lessons/workshops, or when going out into the community. Please read the specification of the 'ideal person' below and don't hesitate to get in touch to register your interest.
The ideal candidate:
- Will enjoy sports, and may have experience in coaching.
- Will have classroom experience.
- May have experience in managing difficult behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to be 'hands on' in and out of the classroom.
- Will have a clean, full driving licence and access to a car to use daily.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity for a rewarding yet challenging position in a brand new special needs provision in Exeter.
- Opportunities for continual professional development (CPD).
- A personal, friendly consultant in Exeter to help you through our application process.
- Competitive pay: £65 per day.
In order to work for Teaching Personnel and clear our vetting process, you must have a Child Workforce DBS subscribed to the Update Service. Full assistance will be provided should you need to apply for a new check, at a standard cost of £44, plus an annual subscription fee of £13 for the Update Service.
If you hold experience working with children or young people and want take the next step in building a career in an exciting and rewarding area of education, please contact Jacob on or email your CV to Teaching Personnel Exeter. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- teaching assistant
- learning difficulties
- learning support assistant
- outdoor education
- special educational needs
- alternative education