Teaching Personnel Exeter are pleased to be working in sole partnership with a specialist SEN school in Exeter.
Our client is dedicated to delivering specialist education services to children and young adults with a wide range of behavioural and learning difficulties.
They currently require a full time teaching assistant to start in their school sites. The role will be focused on supporting the teacher with all aspects of education including sports and outdoor education lessons to pupils of primary and secondary school age with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
The role is to work in the school and may be working 1:1 or small group work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong ability and skills to keep students involved and engaged.
- Excellent support and motivational skills.
- Previous experience working with social, emotional and behaviour difficulties is preferable, but NOT essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to unique situations.
- Team Teach experience (although this will be provided via on job training)
- An outstanding track record being reliable, professional, hardworking and punctual.
- Hold a current enhanced DBS on the update service or be prepared to apply for a new one.
- 2 recent references that can be verified.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a specialist SEN school. It is also a chance to make a real difference to the lives of their pupils and students, many of which have previously experienced difficulty in sustained learning within a mainstream provision.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity?
please get in touch with Ryan by calling or by sending your updated CV at your earliest convenience.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
- Teaching Assistant