Sports Tours Sales Consultant
At Rayburn Tours, inspiring young minds and creating unforgettable experiences is at the heart of what we do.
Sports Tours Sales Consultant
Location: Derby - DE248HR
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 dependent upon experience plus additional on-target earnings of £2,000 - £10,000
Employment Status: Full Time - Permanent - 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Group travel specialists since 1965, we are an independent, family-run business based in Derby. Our ever-growing team of over 100 employees is dedicated to creating tailor-made, international trips for over 23,000 passengers each year. Specialising in educational trips, ski trips and sports tours for schools, as well as concert tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek adventure, embrace other cultures and learn new skills.
Our sister company, Venture Abroad, offers activity holidays for uniformed youth groups (such as Guides and Scouts) and works closely with the Trefoil Guild to provide an event management service for their Annual Meeting.
We organise a comprehensive package which is comprised of travel arrangements, accommodation, excursions, full itinerary planning and insurance, as well as a multitude of tour-specific extras including organising venues and publicity for concert tours, fixtures for sports tours and study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide variety of subjects for educational tours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our Sports Tours Department.
After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling sports tours to a variety of destinations.
The main duties are:
• Taking enquiries from clients via telephone, e-mail, internet or in person.
• Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
• Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
• Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
• Carrying out occasional sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with leaders and parents’ evenings.
• Researching and undertaking destination and accommodation inspection trips (in the UK and overseas) where appropriate.
• Assisting in developing tours to new destinations and occasionally accompanying groups on tour.
It is expected that the successful candidate will undertake client visits on some occasions. This will require flexibility as clients are located throughout the UK and visits may take place during evenings or at weekends.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Sales Consultants take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills & Experience
• Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Financial and commercial awareness
• Strong administration skills
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• Experience of working in a sales environment
• An interest in travel
• An interest in sports
• Fluency in French, German, Spanish or Italian
• Full UK Driving Licence
• A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Cycle to Work and Healthcare Cashback schemes
• Flexible Working Programme
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and posted to
Closing date: 28th February 2020
- Travel Agent
- Sports Tours Sales Consultant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'