Sports Development Co-ordinator -We are currently recruiting on behalf of anIpswich based charitywho support young people by providing community educational and sporting activities, working in partnership with National Sports Governing bodies, County Council and education establishments. They are currently are looking for a Sports Development Co-ordinator to join their growing team working across Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex.
You will be responsible for planning, delivering and developing Suffolk School Coaching programmes, events and activities, to increase participation in sport across the county. Ensuring accessible high-quality PE provision is available in meeting participation targets related to Schools Coaching Activity (Incl. PPA, After School Clubs, Breakfast Clubs and Lunchtime Activity).
Main responsibilities include:
- Work to agreed targets and with set deadlines and working with key performance indicators
- Co-ordinate a catalogue of Schools Coaching programmes to meet and where possible exceed charitable KPIs
- Build and maintain with Schools, Colleges and other key partners through the delivery of programmes
- Plan and deliver high quality PE lessons across Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex Primary Schools using performance indicators
- To support the co-ordination/development of the Traineeship/Apprenticeship students
- Managing resources and identifying potential opportunities for external funding
- Communicate with the Apprenticeship Tutor and student mentors to ensure the successful delivery of programmes for young people
Key Skills and Essential required:
- Experience of leading and managing a team of staff
- Proven experience of working with and/or coaching children
- Knowledge of delivering Primary School PE
- Proven track record of managing Suffolk Schools Coaching contracts
- Problem solving skills and able to work on own initiative within a busy environment
- Great communication skills
- Experience of Word, Excel, Outlook as a minimum and good IT skills
- Minimum of Level 2 or equivalent recognised coaching qualification in one sport
- Existing knowledge and evidence of work in schools and/or sports organisations based across Suffolk
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
To be successful in this role you will need to be confident in speaking to a range of audiences and carrying out fun projects. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence and own vehicle, First Aid at Work Certificate and Safeguarding through an approved body. You will be required to gain an enhanced DBS certificate as well as experience in Risk Assessment Training.
The salary for this vacancy is £18000-£21000.
This is an excellent opportunity to have a rewarding and fulfilling job working and helping young people in your local community. If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This is a full-time position 37.5 hour per week, mostly based from our Head Office in Ipswich but you will be required to travel to schools across Suffolk. There may be a requirement to attend events outside of normal working hours.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Sports Development, Support, Sales, DBS, Safeguarding, Coaching
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- Sports Development