Sports Buyer - Ownlabel
The Buying function is at the heart of this organisations success. Put simply the right product is key, and this role offers the opportunity for a talented buyer to join an extremely fast faced, exciting organisation.
As a branded and own brand business our client is proud to have the latest and most exclusive products across their retail and e-commerce channels.
Their buying teams working closely with the merchandising, design team and the brands themselves to plan and make decisions on the seasonal ranges for stores and online. They are at the cutting edge of fashion and are well versed on fashion trends both current and upcoming.
What the role looks like:
- Representing the Buying function on relevant category
- Attending all appointments, with involvement in selection and editing of product
- Attending all product launches throughout the year as specified
- Attending relevant trade shows
- Analysis and review of previous weeks sales with the merchandising department to propose and drive actions for the week ahead
- Negotiation with selected suppliers re trading terms and conditions.
- Being constantly aware of new brands, trends and opportunities to diversify and drive department/category sales
- Budget negotiation and planning within internal teams and external brands
- Working independently in a creative and trend led environment
- Managing budgets and OTB on in seasons and forward budgets
- Present ranges for sign off with Buying Director and Merchandising Director.
- Preparation and presentation of performance in trade meetings
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Confidence within own decisions and product selection. Comfortable in driving decisions on file and being accountable for all actions.
- Ability to act independently
- Extensive knowledge of product area and market
- Ability to look forward and predict trends both current and future
- Highly numerate and skilled within budget forecasting and planning
- Experience of buying Fashion is advantageous
- Experience of buying own branded goods is essential
- Be able to exercise a high degree of analytical and numerical skills
- Fully literate in Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
Competitive package based on experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"