Sports graduate - Secondary Cover Supervisors - Cumbria
Secondary schools in the Carlisle and surrounding area are actively looking for confident Sport/Coaching Graduates to cover PE lessons across KS3 and KS4.
* Sports Graduate
*Carlisle and surrounding areas
*KS3 - KS4
*Part time/full time
*Excellent for candidiates wanting to apply for PGCE
The role of a Cover Supervisor is ideal for Sport Graduates who are considering a career in teaching or are already doing their PGCE. It is a great opportunity to earn extra income and gain the relevant experience. The suitable candidiate will not only cover PE lessons but will have the oppotuntity to cover a variety of different subjects.As a PE Cover Supervisor, you will be expected to oversee lessons in the absence of the teacher. You will not be required to deliver the lesson itself but you must ensure that the pupils are on task. You will need to manage behaviour in line with the school policy so you must be confident and have a strong, firm, but fair approach.
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
- Cover Supervisor Trainin - Level 1
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
- Effective Listening in Schools
- Effective Communication in Schools
- Equality and Diversity
- British Values
- Be qualified to degree level.
- Have experience working with small or large groups of children.
- Be available at least 3 days a week.
- Be flexible and available at short notice.
- Being able to drive would be an advantage
- DBS certificate on the update service (or willing to complete one)
- 2 referees we can contact for references
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£80 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Cumbria
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks,
- References and Enhanced DBS
How to apply
If you are interested in this vacancy, then please send an up to date CV or alternatively call Amy on to discuss the role in more detail.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'