Spill Response Operative
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Applicants must live within a 30 minute commutable distance of Tunbridge Wells
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
The postholder is contracted to work a 45 hour week, basic hours being 7am until 4pm Monday to Friday. In addition, there is a requirement to be available to satisfy overtime requirements plus participation in a Standby/call out rota.
About the company:
Our client, The Adler and Allan Group, is a provider of specialist environmental and asset management services to a range of businesses that handle, store and utilize hazardous liquids, principally oil-based fuels. The Group’s targeted services have been developed to help its customers meet ever increasing regulatory and compliance-related obligations in particular by maintaining the integrity of their assets. A&A’s services are performed by its highly skilled and accredited workforce on a planned and reactive basis from service centres around the UK.
Duties of the Spill Response Operative:
- Operating Company vehicles which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
- Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Operating Company vehicles including HGV class vehicles or any other vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
- Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. This will be provided by works supervision.
- Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
- Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
Requirements of the Spill Response Operative:
- Must possess a full UK driving licence and Plant experience.
- Experience and the ability to operate 360 degree excavator and forward tipping dumpers not a necessary but would be advantageous as would possessing relevant CPCS qualification for the operation of plant.
- HGV would be advantageous but not essential
- Willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Spill Response Operative role is right for you then please apply today!