As a Speech and Language Therapist, you are the reason why lives change for the better. You help some of the most vulnerable people gain a brighter future. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
Whether you are looking for part-time or full-time work, join the team at St. Neots Neurological Care Centre, where you will be evaluating the speech of people with neurological or mental health condition for which challenging behaviour may be the leading of impairment. You will have previous experience within a similar healthcare setting from the NHS or private care.
You will know one or two things about communication as you lead group therapeutic group sessions, helping them develop and improve their speech. Although you will be supporting service users in a group setting, you will be able to build one-to-one rapport with each service users, ensuring they are engaging in the session and are progressing positively through their treatment plan.
Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will enjoy regional support from healthcare professionals and will be part of an environment where there is an emphasis on team work. As an Elysium employee, you will have continuous access to a variety of online courses to support your career development.
As you help improve the wellness of others, it’s our job to take care of you. As an Elysium employee, you will have continuous access to inclusive training, staff perks, and career progression tailor-made for you.So you can focus on delivering great healthcare as it should be.
Role - Speech & Language Therapist
Location - St. Neots Neurological Centre
Salary - £34.000 ProRata
Hours - 37.5, Full-Time
- To assess and diagnose communication and swallowing difficulties arising from a variety of different complex conditions and to understand how diagnosis affects prognoses and thereby contribute to a medical diagnosis.
- To deliver a high standard of clinical care and maintain service delivery by flexible, effective and efficient prioritisation based on clinical judgement.
- To work closely with service users, carers and families giving appropriate explanations.
- To work collaboratively with others assessing capacity of those with communication difficulties.
- To work collaboratively with the dietitian and kitchen staff with regards to those patients re requiring assisted feeding or modified die to ensure adequate nutritional intake and appropriate consistently of food.
- To manage patients using evidence based and patient centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions, which enable patients to overcome communication and/or swallowing difficulties.
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- To be registered with HCPC
- To have experience of managing a caseload involving assessment and treatment of dysphagia
- Experience of working with families
- Evidence of Continuing professional development
Where you will be working
Location: Howitts Lane, Eynesbury, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 2JA
Join the team at St. Neots Neurological Centre providing care, therapeutic and rehabilitation pathways for those affected by a neurological or mental health condition for which challenging behaviour may be the leading impairment.
St. Neots Neurological Centre is located in the centre of town and provides assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and complex care for both males and females suffering from a broad range of neurological conditions, which is provided by a highly experienced team based on site.
What you will get
- Annual salary of £34,000
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'