Speech & Language Teacher Required, Enfield, North London
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Main Pay Scale
GSL Education are looking for a dedicated teacher with experience with speech and language who has a positive attitude and a can do approach. You will need to teach small groups of children and work on improving speech and communication skills of pupils aged 11-18.
Our client is a comprehensive mixed state secondary school in the London Borough of Enfield in North London. They believe that school makes a difference to the life chances of young people. The aim for every student at our client school is to have the highest regard for learning and an unwavering belief that by challenging themselves, they can be the best that they can be. Their vision is to create an inspiring learning environment that encourages high expectations where every student can reach their potential, strive for success and embrace limitless opportunities.
The person they are looking for will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- Have ELKLAN training accreditation
- Have experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Social Communication Difficulties.
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and bring a sense of energy and passion to the role
- Have a good level of general education
- Have the ability to use their initiative to work independently and flexibly
- Have experience of working with children and in schools.
- Enjoy working with children and be able to form good relationships with children and adults
The school offers:
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team of Therapy staff and Teachers who will work alongside you in the classroom
- Continued professional development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect staff to have the same commitment. Appointments will be subject to DBS checks.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant Hinal Patel as soon as possible.