We are seeking to recruit a Senior Speech and Language Therapist to become part of our Speech & Language Therapy team at our established SEN College. The Speech & Language Therapy team is a small, dynamic team who work closely with the Education, Care and Nursing teams to provide further education for over 70 students, aged from 18 to 25 with a range of complex learning needs, physical disabilities and Autism.
* To plan, lead and supervise communication sessions for groups or individual students.
* To attend and contribute to multi-disciplinary meetings, reviews, staff meeting and training and feedback to the SaLT team.
* To be accountable for own professional actions, working within Professional Codes of Conduct and professional guidelines.
* To demonstrate and uphold good clinical practise at all times
* To demonstrate and train other staff and therapists, SaLT recommendations and appropriate use of equipment and give advice.
* To identify Speech and Language Therapy requirements for staff training. Plan and deliver the content of training in liaison with the Speech and Language Therapy team.
* To follow departmental and organisational policies, procedures and systems relevant to own role. To contribute to the development of policies, procedures and systems as /where required.
* To plan and prioritise client caseload and clinical tasks.
* To record clinical notes and records for individual students. To record personally generated clinical observations.
* To write clinical reports on behalf of the clinical department as and when required.
* To supervise clinical reporting of junior Speech and Language therapists/assistants and students
Main duties and responsibilities:
* To represent the Speech and Language therapy team in meetings both within the therapy team as well as with the wider MDT (care and education teams).
* To work independently and autonomously as part of the Speech and Language Therapy team delivering a high-quality service to students with highly specialist needs.
* To be responsible for undertaking SaLT assessments of new and existing students, devising, implementing, evaluating and reviewing treatment plans/programmes. To provide subsequent reports as required.
* To devise and deliver specialist programmes to enable students to access the curriculum and achieve their individual learning goals.
* To provide specialist assessment in the recommendation of appropriate communication systems. To liaise with other agencies in the trial and/or provision of Voice Output Communication Aids (VOCAs) for individual students, as appropriate.
* To select vocabulary, program and manage the maintenance of VOCAs used by individual students and to support and develop students' functional use of communication systems within the College environment.
* To support the development of the assistive technology post to support the speech and language therapy team
* To facilitate and recommend the use of communication systems with students (e.g. signing, symbol books, VOCAs) in individual or class sessions with the students.
If you believe you are the person for this position please contact Hannah on 0208-433-6938 and email your CV to
- 'speech and language therapist' 'SEN' 'SEND' 'Special Needs' 'bromley' 'kent' south london'