Speech and Language Therapist
Currently looking for an experienced and dedicated adult speech and language therapist to work full time in KENT.
The candidate will support children and young adults with complex needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Severe Learning Disabilities and associated challenging behaviours.
This will be carried out in close collaboration with all contact staff and teams, to develop the students' overall communication and language skills with a focus on functional skills in everyday life.
The post holder will provide support, guidance and professional development to child contact staff and families on developing functional communication skills.
- Independently manage a caseload of children and young people with complex communication difficulties and challenging behavioural needs.
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of children and young people at school using investigative and analytic skills and to formulate individualised interventions based on advanced clinical reasoning and partnership working.
- Communicate complex condition-related information from these assessments to families/carers and members of the Care and Education teams and other external professionals.
- Identify appropriate and effective strategies to facilitate and enhance communicative effectiveness and reduce challenging behaviour.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within speech and language therapist
- HCPC registered as a therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as a therapist
Please feel free to call me on - and Apply
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an Equal Opportunities employment agency, and as such encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job