Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
My client is looking to recruit a highly motivated and forward thinking Speech and Language Therapist to work closely with the multi-disciplinary team and residential staff in a school which caters for young adults with high functioning autism in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
As a SALT your responsibilities will be:
- Assessment, review and monitoring the progress of new and current students in the school, using a combination of formal and informal test materials and tools.
- Provision of therapy to individual students during the school day focusing on curriculum support, specific language development and social communication.
- Setting and reviewing communication targets and strategies through end of term and annual review reports.
- Liaise with education staff so that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Liaise with residential staff so that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Liaise with parents that therapy techniques and strategies can be implemented.
- Attend regular staff meetings to promote a multidisciplinary team approach and to provide specialist advice relating to students as appropriate.
- Contribute to staff training and the continuous improvement of Autism friendly practice.
- Maintaining a CPD diary and engaging in the appraisal process.
- Complete additional responsibilities depending on the needs of the school
You will be joining a growing department which is developing and delivering innovative approaches to improving the communication skills of our students.
The successful candidate must have:
- Hold a recognised Speech and Language Therapy MSc level qualification or equivalent
- Registered member of the HCPC
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists with a current licence to practice
- Demonstrable experience of clinical supervision of students and others
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbally
- Excellent team member with the ability to assume leadership responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including observation, listening and empathy skills
Salary for this role is up to £41,787 (Band 5/6/7) depending on experience.
- Local Government Pension
- 13 weeks annual leave (school closure)
Please call Leanne Irving on 0 7 9 8 3 2 0 0 9 4 5 for more information about this exciting new role.
- Speech Therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- HCPC Registration
- Language Therapy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job