Specification Technician x 2
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for 2 x Specification Technicians based at their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight Research & Development. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £24,075 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Personal Care (PC) is a key strategic area for our client and Skin Cleansing follows a very ambitious growth agenda. The European business is highly competitive, innovative and has strong brand positions with brands like Dove, Lynx and Radox.
The PC R&D Deploy Skin Cleansing team is responsible for all go-to-market activities for the EU portfolio, including launching new technologies in Europe and extending existing ranges, as well as supporting Supply Chain. The PC Deploy team works closely together with the R&D Design (global development centres), and regional functional teams such as Brand Development, Supply Chain, and Procurement.
The Specification technologist role is part of the Skin Cleansing Europe Cluster Design team. The job holder is responsible for the overall management of the specification process including the development and maintenance of product specifications (ingredients, formulation) of products deployed in Europe from the Skin category.
The job holder will work closely with other development functions, especially formulation and processing.
- Create and maintain specifications in PLM according to agreed quality standards
- Create and maintain product and process specifications in PLM for each Sourcing Unit according to agreed quality standards.
- Transfer of information between Development, Supply Chain (sourcing units, category logistics and procurement)
- Specification first point of contact for a particular portfolio of products
- Part of cross functional (innovation) project teams, participating in team meeting as needed
- Working seamlessly together with fellow specification developers to ensure OTIF delivery of specifications.
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications
MSc in Chemistry or other science area desirable
Attention to detail
Good communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining quality and document management systems or an affinity for working with databases.
Knowledge of personal care products or product development experience in HPC and/or Foods categories is an advantage
Work independently as well as in teams
Positive and pro-active attitude
Excellent PC/IT skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'