Job Title Specification Sales Manager
Reports to Sales Director
Hours Permanent position, 40 hours per week, 0800-1600 Mon-Fri, Flexible
Holiday 20 days plus bank holidays
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 plus commission, company car and benefits package
Probation Six months
Based in Cheshire, our Client is aBritish-run, family-owned business with strong ethics and values. The assembling and finishing of their extensive range of custom-made balustrades and handrails is completed in house by a highly skilled team of professionals to ensure superior quality control.
The Specification Sales Manager is responsible for selling our products, working on purely bespoke projects with architects, designers, project managers and consultants of which full product training is provided.
The role involves visiting and liaising with consultants and contractors to guide projects from initial concept and detailed design through the tender process.
Your key role is to sell and to get the product specified, once the product is specified you will work with a team who will ensure the product is installed via the contractor/end user.
It is important for the candidate to be placed geographically close to the Sandbach office but prepared to travel nationally, typically 2-3 days per week
Qualifications and Experience
- Competent in use of IT and CRM
- Ideally some understanding of design software and BIM
- Must have a track record in specification sales via architects (construction industry)
- Capable of generating new business relationships.
- Genuine desire to work in sales and have at least 2 years’ experience working within a similar industry.
- Self-driven, determined and competitive.
- Technical and detail orientated but not at the expense of communication and conversational skills.
- Meticulous in reporting, recording, communication and follow up
- Specification and construction sales.
- Confidence in preparing specification briefs and proposals.
- Able to foster relationships and negotiate with consultants, architects and contractors.
- Strong experience with architects and specifiers is important.
- Field sales experience is vital.
- You must be credible, engaging, and a real relationship builder.
- The ability to understand technical drawings is essential.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Recording details of customer contact, and reporting regularly to management
- Managing projects from concept to completion utilising internal support.
- 50:50 split of time spent generating business via existing or previous clients and generating new relationships.
- You will be focusing on key/major projects.
- You will also be responsible for delivering CPD presentations to clients.
- Attending daily team meetings. (maybe via GTM)
- Actively promote our products to the specification community and other applicable persons within the designated sales territory.
- Cultivate new relationships and develop/enhance existing relationships to increase our brand awareness in the local market.
- Make direct sales calls daily.
- Build strong specifier relationships.
- Ensure accurate distribution of information and materials to the specification community.
- Follow up all leads to maximise sales opportunities.
- Evaluate and report sales and competition activity within the territory.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and employees at all levels.
- Manage special projects as requested by the sales director.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job