Specification Sales Manager - Waterproofing & Structural Drainage
Job Title: Specification Sales Manager - Waterproofing & Structural Drainage
Industry Sector: Liquid applied waterproofing, waterproof concrete ad mixtures, sheet membranes, structural drainage, architects, structural engineers, civil engineers, main contractors, design and build contractors and house builders
Area to be covered: Scotland & North East
Remuneration: £45,000 Neg. + up to 25% Bonus
Benefits: Fully expensed BMW car or Car Allowance (£500 per month) & full flexible benefits
The role of the Specification Sales Manager Waterproofing & Structural Drainage will involve:
- Field sales position, selling a manufactured liquid applied waterproofing solution (membranes), damp proofing, sheet membranes, structural drainage, gas proofing systems for remediation on contaminated sites and a new range of waterproof concrete ad mixtures podium deck and concrete roof waterproofing
- 65%+ of your time specification field sales targeting (60% architects & 40% structural engineers)
- 35% of your time will be spent building relationships with design and build contractors, main contractors, groundwork contractors, house builders and distributors
- Inheriting a territory which is on budget and has a fantastic product mix and database of renown architectural practises
- 50% new business prospecting, 50% account management
- Working closely with internal commercial team who liaise with contractors and distributors
- Utilising Barber leads, ACT database of old specifications / projects etc.
- Typical projects within the commercial, education, prestigious projects and high end residential
- Targeted at bringing on 6-10 new specifications per month, circa 40 client engagements (mix of client visits and virtual meetings) per month, typically this will include three-four warm inbound calls (per week) to technical department which need following up versus new business prospecting
- Providing key specifiers with technically sound advice on structural waterproofing solutions
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and specifications
The ideal applicant will be a Specification Sales Manager -Waterproofing & Structural Drainage with:
- All technical, civil and structural specification sales backgrounds will be considered
- Limited field sales experience (or even internal salesperson or graduate looking for first field sales opportunity) with ideally a strong related academic qualification, such as an architectural technologist / architectural or structural engineering degrees etc.
- Problem solver personality, with an ability to build a level of credibility and trust with the architects and structural engineers
- Highly motivated, conscientious, pro-active and organised approach
- Ability to get on the phone, create appointments and articulate technical issues with architects and/or structural engineers (although excellent marketing support is available)
- A broad understanding of construction drawings and the sequence of a build
- Ideally sold products that go into the construction of a building, (not fit out) such as waterproofing, cladding, roofing, concrete repair, coatings, sealants, adhesives etc
- Knowledge of building construction techniques, waterproofing principles, British standards, architectural drawings is not essential as can be taught
- Passion for construction
- Est. 50 years+
- Circa £8m turnover
- Part of a larger group
If your experience matches the requirements above please do not hesitate to contact Mitchell Maguire, simply apply by forwarding us a copy of your CV. Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 5 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Mitchell Maguire is a specialist construction field sales recruitment consultancy, dealing exclusively with construction field sales jobs, construction field sales vacancies and specification field sales positions within roof refurbishment, roofing, waterproofing, single ply, waterproof membranes, bitumen membranes, structural waterproofing, gas proofing, waterproof concrete ad mixtures, remediation, contamination, cold liquid applied systems, green roofs, concrete repair, damp proofing membranes, coatings, civil engineers, sheet waterproofing and structural drainage systems
- Civil Engineers
- ad mixture
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'