Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care
New opportunity not to be missed! Farleigh Hospice is looking for an experienced Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care to join our growing team based in Chelmsford. You will be working on a part time basis 24 hours per week plus on call. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,037 to £74,661 pro rata per annum.
Farleigh Hospice provides care to people affected by life-limiting illnesses across mid Essex. Since being established in 1982, our hospice and our team of healthcare professionals has grown and evolved to meet the changing needs of the community we serve. We help patients to live as actively as possible from the point of diagnosis to the end of their life, by providing physical and emotional care, free of charge.
The Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care role:
You will undertake medical assessment, diagnosis and management of patients with identifiable complex specialist palliative care needs working alongside the Community Lead Consultant, two other part-time Community Consultants and the Community Clinical Nurse Specialist team.
Key responsibilities as our Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care:
- Provide advice and support and advice to members of the clinical nurse specialist team and day therapies team.
- Prioritising referrals into the service over the preceding 24 hours.
- Communicating with patients & relatives and liaising with other healthcare professionals.
- Provide support to our 10 bedded specialist in-patient unit if required.
- Participate in teaching and audit programmes.
- You will and be part of a non-residential on-call rota.
What are we looking for in our Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care?
- Good communication skills
- An excellent team player
- Experience in the field of Palliative Medicine
- Experience in the field of End of Life Care
- The ability to work in an autonomous manner
- Eagar to gain additional experience and develop a career in Palliative Medicine.
Farleigh Hospice is a thriving charity located in Chelmsford, Essex, next to Broomfield Hospital. The post is within commuting distance of London. Travel times from the Eastern part of London take approximately 1 hour by car and there is free on-site parking. Regular trains from London Liverpool Street to Chelmsford take 35 minutes.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Interview Date: 3 December 2019
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity – click ‘Apply’ now to find out more about becoming our Speciality Doctor in Palliative Care!
Please note that should the volume of applications be high Farleigh Hospice may decide to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date.
Farleigh Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Positions may be subject to DBS Disclosure.
Charity Registration No: 284670
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'