To help us assist with the growth of our service in the North West we have a fantastic new opportunity for a Specialist Homecare Nurse (Biologics). Ultimately, we are looking for a strong communicator who can deliver education and support to patients receiving biologic therapies.
As a Specialist Homecare Nurse (Biologics), you will conduct training interactions to ensure patients are able to safely self-medicate. This will include making patient aware of service, how to administer, how to store, highlighting side effects and who to contact should they arise.
Work for us, and remember the reason why you became a nurse, it’s your opportunity to make a real difference to peoples’ lives every single day.
Why work at healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including:
- Company car or car allowance of £4250 per annum
- NMC fees paid for
- Contributory pension scheme
- Provide private healthcare cover after two years’ service
- Death in service
- Annual holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Weekend and evening enhancements
- Online benefits portal
healthcare at home … a little about us….
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
What does a Specialist Homecare Nurse (Biologics) do at healthcare at home?
- You will deliver support and education in a customer focused, patient centric manner than optimises therapeutic benefit, maximises adherence to treatment and provides a positive patient experience, whilst complying with relevant quality and contractual requirements.
- Report adverse drug events as per protocol e.g. informing pharmacy and client nominated clinical contact.
- Provide on-going support to patients through the combination of support programmes to include telephone, clinic-based and home visits as per product and client protocols.
- Act as interface with referring centre e.g. liaise with clinical nurse specialists and hospital consultants regarding updating care plans, feedback on service.
- Maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge, ensuring any gaps in clinical competency are addressed whilst also staying compliant with all business policies and procedures.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
Overall, we are looking for confident and decisive clinicians with strong assessment skills and a knowledge of biologics therapies that can provide our patients with the best possible experience.
You will be a registered nurse that is competent in administering IV therapies. You will also be able to deliver subcut injections, place PICC lines and manage central lines.
As this role involves managing a team based in the community, it is therefore crucial that you have full UK driving licence.
healthcare at home are an equal opportunities employer
Healthcare at Home reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job