Specialist Teaching Assistant
Required September 2021 - Part Time - 3 DAYS PER WEEK
Full or Part Time Available (Term Time Only)
We are looking for an energetic and passionate specialist teaching assistant to start work in a mainstream primary school in September 2021.
As a teaching Assistant you will be required to provide specialist support a student in year 2 .
The following qualifications or knowledge of the following will be highly desirable, but not essential
- Gastrostomy feeding / Peg and Tube Feeding
- Makaton or BSL (to any level)
- Autism Awareness/ASC Training
- Team Teach / MAPA
- Buccal midazolam training
- Hydrotherapy and physio training
- Rebound therapy
Responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting the teacher with the delivery of the lesson
- Preparing the classroom for lessons, such as setting up equipment
- Managing behaviour and engaging students with their own learning
- Working with students either one to one or in small groups out of the classroom
- Committed to support both the teacher and the students to succeed
For this role, applicants who apply will have:
- A minimum Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification (Supporting Teaching and Learning) or a minimum of 1 years work experience/employment as a Teaching Assistant in a school setting (you must be able to provide recent references).
- Confident communication skills and to be a motivator in the classroom (1-2-1 or small group support).
- A current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service, or you will be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
If you do have experience as a teaching assistant (TA) or a higher learning teaching assistant (HLTA) in a school setting and are now looking for for a post, please click 'APPLY NOW' below to submit your most up to date CV for review.
Newly qualified Teaching Assistants and experienced Teaching Assistants alike are welcome to apply. Vida Education offer excellent rates of pay and take great pride in providing a quality service to candidates and schools. We are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Cumbria and Lancashire.
Vida are an agency that are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of our staff to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS check, full work history, references and an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- teaching assistant
- level 3
- Gastrostomy feeding
- PEG FEEDING
- TUBE FEEDING
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'