FRENCHAY BRAIN INJURY REHABILITATION CENTRE
The Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre offers Level 1 and 2 services for patients with complex neuro-rehabilitation needs in the South West of England. Our team provides intensive therapy and first class care within a purpose built environment at our 52-bedded hospital. Our service is managed in partnership with North Bristol NHS Trust.
Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Wish you could provide your clients with truly intensive, person-centred therapy that really makes a difference?
Long for opportunities to develop specialist clinical skills in areas you are passionate about?
Dream of working within a hugely collaborative and supportive team?
Then look no further….
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and highly-motivated Speech and Language Therapy team (alongside six other SLTs). We pride ourselves on delivering a holistic, person-centred and evidenced based approach to neurorehabilitation, with a genuine commitment to supporting your ongoing learning and development. We have continued to provide a high quality, face-to-face neurorehabilitation service throughout recent months, while maintaining 100% commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff.
As a member of our interdisciplinary team you will have the opportunity to:
• Further develop your skills and knowledge working with clients who have complex cognitive-communication, language and speech disorders following brain injury both 1:1 and in small therapy groups
• Assess clients with complex dysphagia and lead intensive swallowing treatment programmes, with access to both VF and FEES
• Manage a small caseload, providing goal-focused, intensive MDT therapy in a person-centred, meaningful way
• Be supported to learn and develop a range of specialist clinical skills across the spectrum of brain injury presentations. This might include working with prolonged disorders of consciousness, AAC or supporting clients to return to work or study.
• Continually develop your own clinical and leadership skills through a wide range of learning and teaching opportunities, both internally and externally
• Receive excellent clinical support and supervision with frequent opportunities for joint working.
We have strong working links with the Speech and Language Therapy Department at North Bristol Trust. The employment contract is with The Huntercombe Group.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
• 2 week’s paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'