This role sits within the Governance and Advisory team in the Global Asset Safety - Governance and Controls function. Previously solely focusing on the UK FCA's Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS), the Global Asset Safety function was recently expanded to incorporate considerations over client asset regulations from other jurisdictions, along with related BNYM Group policies. The Global Asset Safety function has footprints across the US, EMEA, and APAC regions, made up of team members from a diverse background (operations / data and technology / audit etc.).
Reporting to the Manager of the Governance and Advisory team, the ideal candidate will be working alongside with the business and 2LoD Compliance / Risk colleagues advising on client asset safety-related matters.
- Produce detailed technical interpretation and guidance documents on the application of client asset safety regulations
- Responsible for the maintenance of client asset safety-related policies and corporate standard documents
- Participate in project work and provide appropriate challenge and support to the relevant business lines, ensuring client asset safety requirements are adhered to
- Analyse new or existing legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for client asset safety requirements
- No direct reports: provides guidance to less experienced team members
- Contribute to the achievement of team-wide objectives
- This UK position requires thorough knowledge of the Financial Services industry regulations (in particular UK CASS), along with practical experiences in the application and risk management activities regarding client asset safety requirements
- Must have a clear understanding of governance framework and operating models within which CASS rules apply
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving and project management abilities
- Highly organised and task-orientated, with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage stakeholders' expectations
- Strong ability to review detailed documents, and to summarise key information in a concise manner
- Previous experience from an audit / advisory background in CASS 3 / CASS 6 / CASS 7 (Banking Exemption) and CASS 8 preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'