Specialist Nurse - Oncology
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
Exciting opportunity to pursue a career in Cancer nursing within the BMI Healthcare Group. You will be part of an energetic and proactive team, training will be provided for administration of systemic anti cancer drugs.
This is a PART time role for 30 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Ideally SACT trained but willing to provide accredited training
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Awareness of NMC Standards for specialist education and practice.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Patient and caring approach to customer care.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- To participate in nursing/clinical audit to ensure development of a quality service is achieved.
- To maintain links with specialist Network and other NHS Trusts to raise hospital profile and ensure clinical practice and patient information mirrors national and locally agreed guidance.
- To be responsible for own development, regularly updating own knowledge and communicating to team members.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers a FTE salary of up to £35,000 with an actual salary of £28,000. BMI Healthcare also offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'