Specialist Nurse Advisor - COPD / Asthma Nurse
£30,000 - £35,000
Kent - community role
medical and nursing and nursing
My client a national provider is looking for Nurses who have significant demonstrable experience (3-5 years or more) in managing Asthma / COPD / Pulmonary patients. The successful candidate will be liaising with GP surgeries arranging and facilitating all-day clinics in their 'local' area at GP surgeries for their patients suffering from the above conditions.
On a typical day, the clinics would usually start about 9am and you would be targeted to see 11 Asthma suffers or 8 COPD sufferers, or a combination of the two conditions. Clinics are usually arranged every couple of weeks to ensure that everyone in the practice is seen.
The role is very autonomous and will involve lots of travel and occasional overnight stays (usually for regional meetings of if the clinic is further than 1 ¾ hours away - although these are probably limited to 3 or 4 a year).
Qualifications - languages, IT skills/packages
- RGN Part 1 NMC Register
- Significant Demonstrable experience in COPD / Asthma
- Ideally Diploma level qualified as a minimum (or working towards) in COPD / Asthma
- Commercial experience is advantageous
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience in the use of general practice/hospital computer systems is advantageous
- Current UK full driving licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
- Can work autonomously.
- Willing to travel long distances at times.
- Open & honest, able to communicate effectively
- Flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the service for the client and/or for the business internally.
- Team player and confident in meeting new people, as the role involves working in different health care settings
Benefits Package includes:
Car allowance: £450 per month or company car, Bonus: up to 10% of salary, Private Health Insurance, broadband allowance, NMC & RCN fees, daily allowance when in clinics, mobile phone, laptop, printer etc.
If you are interested in this position please contact Julie on or email your most up to date CV to detailing you relevant experience.
Keywords: Asthma, COPD, Pulmonary, medical and nursing, Specialist Community COPD / Asthma Nurse, Kent, community nurse, practice nurse, specialist nurse advisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job