New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for a Specialist Learning Support Tutor to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £26,508 - £37,833 pa pro rata
Hours: 29.6 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Contract Details: Permanent, Part-Time
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Specialist Learning Support Tutor – The Role:
Are you passionate about supporting students to achieve their full potential? Do you have experience of tutoring students with learning differences? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Additional Support team. In this role you would be identifying learners who need additional support and providing professional diagnostic reports. You will work with identified students (across the full ability range) to plan and deliver additional learning support to help improve their learning skills.
Specialist Learning Support Tutor – Key Responsibilities:
- Identify learners with specific learning differences at pre-entry and entry stages and throughout the learning programme
- Make detailed diagnostic assessments based on observation, interview, assessment of attainment and reports of other professionals including psychometric, education and health
- Make teaching, learning and assessment recommendations that are directly linked to assessment findings and the student’s needs
- To provide professional written reports of interviews with learners to inform the Additional Support Manager, tutors, LSAs and Liaison team
- Identify appropriate methods and materials both for screening learners and for assessing their individual needs
Specialist Learning Support Tutor - Qualifications and experience required:
- Hold a minimum of Level 5 teaching qualification
- To hold a minimum of Level 7 qualification approved by the JCQ in SpLD
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English, Maths (or literacy and numeracy) and ICT
- Relevant teaching experience of working with students with a range of difficulties including SpLD, ADHD, General & Moderate Learning Difficulties, or Pervasive Development Disorders
- Able to design an individual programme of study for students with SpLD or other learning differences
- An understanding of the affective issues observed in learners with SpLD and other learning differences
Specialist Learning Support Tutor - What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information, and counselling service
Specialist Learning Support Tutor - How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Closing Date: 16 September 2021
To submit your application for this exciting Specialist Learning Support Tutor opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'