This position is available on a permanent basis with full-time or part-time options. Client is offering the salary range of £26,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience.
To be successful in this role you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or Dietetics - be a fully qualified Dietitian
- Full HCPC registration
- Being a car driver with own vehicle would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in clinical Nutrition Support
- Ideally NHS experience (graduates with clinical placement experience are welcome!)
The role will mainly entail, but will not be limited to (full Job Description available on request):
- To be responsible for planning and prioritising own clinical nutrition support caseload. Patients may be referred with a variety of conditions (e.g. gastroenterology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology, neurology and stroke, terminally ill and palliative care patients).
- To provide dietetic assessment and treatment at a highly developed level, using specialist skills and knowledge to manage nutrition support.
- To provide high quality, nutritional and dietetic advice contributing to the care of patients, enabling them to make informed choices about their health and related behaviours. This will involve calculation of nutritional requirements, assessment of oral and non-oral intake, lifestyle and barriers to change, interpretation of biochemical and anthropometric measurements, and consideration of social and cultural needs. The outcome of the dietetic consultation will be an agreed individualised patient nutrition action/care plan.
- To make clinical decisions, liaising with community and hospital dietitians as required
- To contribute to clinical decisions regarding nutritional appropriateness of intensive nutritional treatments
- To make clinical decisions concerning necessary changes to patients’ dietary intake and oral nutritional supplement prescriptions, and communicate these decisions to other healthcare professionals as appropriate.
- To liaise with other health professionals regarding the transfer of patients from home to hospital and vice versa.
- To liaise with acute unit dietitians and out of area dietitians to facilitate the safe transfer of patients and handover to the Community Dietetic Team.
- To correspond with clinicians and GP’s regarding appropriate nutritional treatment plans, prescriptions and investigations following dietetic assessment.
- To work with the dietetic service lead and other dietetic team members to produce dietetic resources.
- To be able to adapt the dietetic treatment plans to the changing needs of patients
- Using empathic, motivational, negotiating, counselling and cognitive behavioural skills in formulating a plan, establishing a change, establishing a rapport with clients and working with barriers to understanding.
- To provide specialist advice to GPs and other prescribers on the appropriate prescribing of nutritional supplements (including energy, protein, vitamin and mineral supplements) and medications to improve tolerance, as well as advising on potential drug-nutrient interactions.
- To liaise with the enteral feed company to facilitate supply of appropriate feed and essential equipment to specified patients.
- To work closely and collaboratively with nurses employed by the enteral feed company to further the care of home enterally fed patients.
- To be responsible for obtaining informed consent from patients prior to the commencement of dietetic intervention and treatment.
- To provide supervision and support to junior dietitians, dietetic assistants and other staff within the organisation
- To continue the development of training and teaching sessions concerning the identification, treatment and monitoring of malnutrition for health and community care staff.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
- To establish links with Community Nutrition Support Dietitians in other trusts to promote sharing of good practice and evidence based research.
- To attend and actively participate in Community Dietetic Team meetings.
My Client's benefits package includes:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Development and training opportunities
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee volunteer day
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension (in line with autoenrollment)
- Mileage for work-related travel (30p per mile)
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact Matt on the Dietetics Team at Your World Healthcare.
- Enteral Nutrition
- Nutrition Support